11 Points that Stat Websites are cool for your Business
Have you ever thought about starting an online business? Maybe you feel like writing for the Web, or you have some awesome stuff to showcase? Or maybe, you want to promote a project, an event, or anything else? In any of these cases, a site is the best place to start. But wait, can’t you do all of these things with social networks? After all, it’s 2016 and even your grandma is on Facebook. As a matter of fact, social networks are a big deal. Still, a website is a must-have if you’re planning to build a meaningful online presence. Here are five stats that prove this:
- Do you want to be heard? 329,000,000 people read blog posts and leave 400,000 comments daily.
- Want to find new customers? More than 39% of Internet users have purchased something online.
- Millennials spend 82% of their shopping time online.
- In average, 80% of daily visits to a blog are new. Think about this in terms of brand awareness.
- It is possible for a business blog to grow big within a year. Once you write from 24 to 51 posts, your traffic will jump by up to 30%.
- Business value : Have you tried getting a business loan recently? It’s not easy, but if you try and the bank manager asks to see your website, you better have a pretty good one. It doesn’t just stop with the bank, the perceived value of your business will be lower in everyone’s eyes – especially your customers.
- Time to show off : You know that great feeling you get when people recognize your work? Well, by having a website you can show off what you do and take pride in your work.
- 24 hours per day : Your website runs 24/7 without any supervision or need to lock it up. You can always be there for your customers.
- Beat the big guys : Have you ever wanted to get into business, but don’t know how to compete with all the big names out there? By creating an incredibly beautiful website with a solid strategy behind it you can smash the big guys to pieces. You have no chance of building bigger skyscrapers, but your website can break down the perceived wall between you and them.
- Email@mywebsite.com : I know there are other ways to do this, but by having a website you can have your own email email@example.com. It is more professional and easier to remember. I know you love your firstname.lastname@example.org , but it doesn’t really resonate with customers.
- Communication with customers : By having a blog or even just a feed on your website, you can update customers on your newest offers, products, promotions, events, photos, or any other content.
Creating a Website: What Are Your Options?Websites are great for entrepreneurs, creative minds and virtually anyone who has something meaningful to share with the public. What’s more important, launching a website is easy.
- Site Builders use visual editors and drag-and-drop tools to help you design websites without writing a single line of code.
- WordPress.com and similar Hosted Platforms offer ready-made websites while taking care of hosting, updates, SEO, security, and other tasks.
- Content-Management Systems (or CMSs) are frameworks on top of which you can install standard or custom-built website designs (aka templates or themes).
- E-Commerce Platforms develop proprietary CMSs, plugins, and cloud solutions tailored for businesses.
- Web Design Studios enable you to get custom-designed websites of any type.
Hosted Publishing Platforms: wordpress.com
- The Lego-like experience that comes with visual site builders is fun, but some people find it way too minimalistic. Do you feel the same way about Wix or Weebly? If that’s the case, you should give hosted publishing platforms a try.
- Chances are, you’ve heard about websites hosted at WordPress.com. This platform provides a solid foundation for your site, yet it still manages to keep things simple.
Content Management Systems: wordpress.orgA standalone CMS is the way to go if you aim at building a full-fledged professional website. Over 43% of all sites are CMS-based, and about 59% of them use WordPress CMS – the content management system that powers WordPress.com. That’s almost 26% of the total number of the world’s websites. More importantly, only a part of WordPress sites are hosted at WordPress.com. Another option is to download official copy of the open-source CMS from wordpress.org and use it for a site hosted elsewhere.
- More control: you’re free to tinker with virtually any aspect of your website
- Fewer expenses: with standalone WordPress CMS, you can find cheaper hosting and domain registration options;
- No platform dependencies: with a self-hosted website, your business doesn’t depend on the provider of the site-building solution;
- E-commerce: with WordPress.com, e-commerce is only available if you sign up for com Business plan which costs ₹22,000 a year. There are no such limitations with self-hosted WordPress.
Web Design Studios: the EssentialsHaving something custom-designed for you sounds like a pleasant thing. So if you’re ready to pay extra, ordering a website from a web design studio may actually prove worthwhile. If you choose this route, be sure to pay attention to a couple of factors: Portfolio This may seem like an obvious thing to say, but newbies often neglect it. When looking at a studio’s portfolio, compare it to standard CMS themes, the products from template markets, and the industry leaders’ websites. This way you will get a deeper insight into the quality of the end-product. Custom CMSs and Platforms Some developers offer proprietary CMSs or website platforms to their clients. While this may sound like a good idea, chances are the cons will outnumber the pros. For instance, a non-standard platform may turn into a problem if you decide to switch to another provider. For this reason, sticking to a well-supported platform is a much better option.
Site Building Solutions: The Bottom Line
Here at Satva Design we offer a bunch of services and solutions that facilitate every step of website creation: from choosing a design to actually launching and maintaining the site: Website Installation, Hosting, and Other Services When buying a template from some marketplaces, you can have your site installed, hosted, and even filled with content. Added Functionality The extra features available via plugins come built-in with frameworks. This way, you won’t waste time searching for a particular facility. Industry-Centric Templates Website solutions from top marketplaces cater to specific businesses and organizations: construction companies, photo studios, restaurants, pet shops, theaters, etc. What’s more important, template markets offer a great variety of website designs for CMSs, e-commerce solutions, and other platforms Contact us +91 999 80 38650 for more information ]]>