Get the best search news, tips and resources, delivered each day.
SearchCap: Bing Ads Updates, Global CPC Benchmarks & Moz’s 2015 Search Ranking Factors
Amy Gesenhues on August 12, 2015 at 5:00 pm
Below is what happened in search today, as reported on Search Engine Land and from other places across the Web.
From Search Engine Land:
- Major Billing Improvements & Consolidated Billing Arrive On Bing Ads
A new suite of Bing Ads billing tools will keep search marketers working on their accounts, not accounting issues.
- Is CTR A Ranking Factor In Organic Results?
Contributor Bartosz Góralewicz shares the results of an experiment he conducted, which suggests that click-through rate (CTR) from search is not a ranking factor.
- Costs Per Click Around The World & Tips For Smart Global PPC Strategy
Columnist Larry Kim shares insights gleaned from WordStream’s research on global CPCs and explains how you can use this data to power your international search advertising.
- App Indexing & The New Frontier Of SEO: Google Search + Deep Linking
In part two of a three-part series on app indexing, contributors Emily Grossman and Cindy Krum explore how Google indexes deep app content and explains what marketers can do to promote their app content in Google search.
- Moz Releases 2015 Search Engine Ranking Factors Study
Moz released their ranking factors study which interview 150 SEO experts and applied that to a data correlation study.
Recent Headlines From Marketing Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Internet Marketing:
- Reaction To Its Facebook Video Inspires VW To Create Baby Stroller With Automatic Brakes
- MarTech Landscape: What Is Web Analytics Software?
- Twitter Now Lets You Go Long With DMs Of Up To 10,000 Characters
- The New Mobile Rules for Search, Social and Display — August 20 Webcast
- Periscope Has 10 Million Accounts With 40 Years Of Watch Time Daily
- StepsAway Solves The “Beacon Problem” For In-Mall Retailers And Shoppers
- A CMO’s View: MarTech Forces CMOs Out Of Their Comfort Zones, Says Yext’s Jeff Rohrs
- Knowing When To Retarget (And What Data To Bank It On)
- The Psychology Of Liking On Facebook
- Bigcommerce Launches Tool To Streamline Creation Of Facebook & Twitter Ads
- [Study] Moz Releases 2015 Search Engine Ranking Factors
- Amazon Retiring Product Ads, Offers New Text Ads As Alternative
- “Yes, We Still Love Google+” Says Outgoing Google CEO Larry Page
- Election Season Drives Fox News Into Top 2 Of Facebook Publishers In July [Report]
Search News From Around The Web:
- .edu Link Strategies, Fallacies and Common Sense, EricWard.com
- How To Rank In Google Without Links [OSEO-03], Ahrefs Blog
- Scalable Link Building Process Using Influencer Marketing, KaiserTheSage.com
Local & Maps
- Takeaway from Google’s New Local 3-Pack: Go Niche, Young Man!, Local Visibility Systems
- How Many Keywords Should I Target?, digitalthirdcoast.net
- Bing predicts what’s top of mind this back-to-school season, blogs.bing.com
SEM / Paid Search
- 3 Stupid-Easy Ways to Increase Your Ad CTR, Wordstream
- Bing Ads: 15 Reasons You Should Advertise on Bing as Well as Google, Small Business Trends
- Dissecting PPC Agency Pricing Models, Part 2 Of 3, PPC Hero
- Starting With A New PPC Client – Getting Access & Checking Settings, Distilled
- 5 Common Myths About Choosing Domain Names for International SEO, SEMrush Blog
- English Google Webmaster Hangout Transcript 11.08.2015, seo-portal.de
- Google Says 404s Don’t Have An Impact On The Panda Algorithm, Search Engine Roundtable
- Google Says User Actions On Web Sites Are Not A Ranking Factor, Search Engine Roundtable
- How to Clean Up Doorway Pages Without Causing Google Issues, thesempost.com
- Is Your Search Marketing Changing with the Times?, semrush.com
- Why Active SEO Doesn’t Always Result in Ranking Changes, thesempost.com
- Why Google Shows Old Domain in Search Results Despite 301 to New Site, thesempost.com
About The Author
Amy Gesenhues is Third Door Media's General Assignment Reporter, covering the latest news and updates for Search Engine Land and Marketing Land. From 2009 to 2012, she was an award-winning syndicated columnist for a number of daily newspapers from New York to Texas. With more than ten years of marketing management experience, she has contributed to a variety of traditional and online publications, including MarketingProfs.com, SoftwareCEO.com, and Sales and Marketing Management Magazine. Read more of Amy's articles.