Are You Making These Top 10 Content Marketing Mistakes and Sabotaging Your Results?
December 02, 2015 Pam Moore
Do you ever feel like you’re spinning your wheels when it comes to developing and integrating your content marketing strategy and plan into your business and overall marketing initiatives?
Content marketing, when planned and executed properly, can help you ignite not only online and social media results, but also true foundational business results. You can increase sales, generate more leads, increase brand awareness, build and nurture communities, humanize your brand, and reach markets you simply can’t access via other mediums.
Unfortunately, many brand leaders are their own worst enemies when it comes to defining and executing a well laid out content marketing plan. Often times they get lazy and impatient, they want immediate results and don’t understand it takes time and ongoing investment.
Content marketing is not a “set it and forget it” type of initiative. You have to constantly be feeding the content engine, inspiring and connecting with your audience to achieve desired objectives.
Bottom line, content marketing requires work. Real work. The kind of work that may even make your head hurt from time to time. It may even keep you up at night.
Could it be that you’re making some basic content marketing mistakes that are holding you back from the success you deserve and expect?
Sometimes we get so focused and stuck in our ways that we need to have a fresh eye, a fresh perspective, a fresh voice to help us acknowledge it could be one, two or a few silly things we’re doing that are sabotaging our efforts.
Check out the 190th episode of the Social Zoom Factor podcast for 10 Top Content Marketing Mistakes that could be killing your marketing and business results.
In this 25 minute podcast you will learn:
- Top 10 content marketing mistakes killing your success and business results
- How to not sabotage your own content marketing success
- Why you must have a foundation to build on that includes a plan, goals, objectives, KPIs, call to actions, knowing your audience
- Why you can’t ignore the data and why you must focus on data driven decisions
- Why you must avoid too much selling and self promotion online
- The danger of not sticking to a plan
- Avoiding chasing shiny objects and your competition
- Why you must write for your customer, not Google only
- The importance of headlines
- How to not get stuck in a rut and ensure you are always innovating
- Why basics matter such as spelling, grammar, user experience and visual appeal
- Why you must own your distribution and platform vs putting all of your social and content marketing eggs in a basket (social network you do not own)
- 2016 Content Marketing Editorial Calendar Template
- Audience Analysis Worksheet (worksheet to help you prioritize your niche)
- Content Marketing Editorial Calendar Podcast Tutorial (episode 189)
- How to develop a content marketing framework and plan
- Content Marketing in a Nutshell
- Evergreen Content Marketing in a Nutshell
- How to Create More Discoverable Content Google, Social Networks and Humans Will Love!
- How to Leverage Content Assets You Already Have – Create Once, Use Many!
- How to Create an Inventory of Your Content Marketing Assets and Increase ROI
- 8 Ways to Test Your Marketing Programs and Campaigns with Social Media
- 7 Metrics to Measure Value of Your Content in the Inspiration Age (episode 173)
- How to Write Epic Blog Content Your Audience will Devour
Free webinars: We are also launching a series of webinars and training opportunities to dig even deeper. Sign up here-> You are the Media – Building Your Media Foundation
How to Subscribe to Social Zoom Factor Podcast
This post originally appeared on Pam Moore's blog
Join The Conversation
Big Data and Mobile Analytics: Tips on How to Get the Most Out of Mobile Data
June 07, 2016
An exclusive, live webinar on June 7th at 12pm ET/9am PT
Here’s a staggering statistic: globally, 1.91 billion mobile users have smartphones. T…
Social Listening: Harness Marketing Insights from Consumer Conversations
February 09, 2016
An exclusive, live webinar from Social Media Today on Tuesday, February 9th at 12pm ET/9am PT.
Social media has given brands the great gift of…
Understanding Employee Advocacy on Social Media
November 24, 2015
An exclusive report brought to you by Social Media Today and Hinge
These days, cutting edge companies know that if they aren't leveraging t…
2016 Social Media Marketing Planning Guide
November 23, 2015
The 2016 Social Media Marketing planning guide includes a must-have checklist as well as a first-of-its-kind research study aiming to provid…