SearchCap: Bing Ads, Google PDF Images & Microsoft Translator
Get the best search news, tips and resources, delivered each day.
SearchCap: Bing Ads, Google PDF Images & Microsoft Translator Barry Schwartz on August 10, 2015 at 5:00 pm
Below is what happened in search today, as reported on Search Engine Land and from other places across the Web.
From Search Engine Land:
- Bing Launches In-Depth Industry Ad Visualizations Across Devices, Time & Location
New visualizations from Bing Ads will help Advertisers garner industry information in a quick (& beautiful) format.
- Google Image Search Test Now Shows Images Within PDFs
Google is digging deeper to find more images across the web. Now they experimenting with new discovery methods including looking within PDF documents.
- The New Mobile Rules for Search, Social and Display — August 20 Webcast
Advanced tips for targeting mobile consumers via search, social and display ads and driving more clicks, calls and sales.
- Where Do You Go From Here? 7 Career Paths For The Search Engine Marketer
The career path for a search engine marketer is not very linear. Columnist Josh Dreller outlines your options for growth within this nascent and ever-expanding industry.
- Google Map Maker Back Up In Six Countries With More To Follow Soon
Google Map Maker: Bangladesh, Brazil, Canada, India, the Philippines and Ukraine are the first countries back online.
- Microsoft Translator App Comes To iOS & Android With Wearable Support
Microsoft launches a new mobile app for real-time translation to compete with Google’s Google Translate app.
- The Secret To More Search Advertising Revenue (Hint: It’s Bing Ads!)
Is it worth the time, effort and money to advertise with Bing Ads? Columnist Pauline Jakober thinks so. Read on to find out why.
Recent Headlines From Marketing Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Internet Marketing:
- Twitter, NFL Sign Two-Year Extension To Serve More Football Video
- KIND Snacks’ Back-To-School Instagram Campaign Asks Parents To Share Summer #MomentThatPopped
- 4 Tips To Ensure You’re Prepared For The 2015 Holiday Retail Season
- Ad-Blocking Report: Nearly 200 Million Users, $22 Billion In Lost Ad Revenue
- How To Create A “Lead-Generation Pipeline” With Your Blog (Part 1)
- Top 10 YouTube Video Ads In July: Always #LikeAGirl Ranks No. 1 With 30M+ Views
- Microsoft Mobile Share Reaches Lowest Level Since comScore Tracking Began
Search News From Around The Web:
Local & Maps
- Google Confirms Even Soft 404ed Pages Act As Link Disavows, Search Engine Roundtable
- Through the Google Lens: Search Trends July 31 – August 7, Official Google Blog
- Answer: Whither the foggy weather?, SearchReSearch
- Does Social Media Matter for SEO?, Renegade Search
- Google Asks SEOs: How Do You Detect Duplicate Content Issues, Search Engine Roundtable
- Google Says Pipe In Title Tags Are Fine, Search Engine Roundtable
- Moz Ranking Factors Preview, Moz
- New Google Knowledge Cards With Multiple Dates, thesempost.com
SEM / Paid Search
- 20 PPC Experts Reveal the Secrets to Winning at Google Adwords, Veeqo
- 8 signs that it’s time to rewrite your search ads, Digiday
- Going It Alone – Should You Become An Independent PPC Operator?, PPC Hero
- PPC For Venture-Backed Companies, PPC Hero
- #NoHacked: Using two-factor authentication to protect your site, Official Google Webmaster Central Blog
About The AuthorBarry Schwartz Barry Schwartz is Search Engine Land's News Editor and owns RustyBrick, a NY based web consulting firm. He also runs Search Engine Roundtable, a popular search blog on very advanced SEM topics. Barry's can be followed on social media at @rustybrick, +BarrySchwartz and Facebook. For more background information on Barry, see his full bio over here.